Monday, 4 August 2014

First Day Of Top To Tail

Hello people!

Today was my first day of work experience at Top To Tail animal (mainly dog) groomers and it was wonderful.

It was not an ideal start to the day because my mum and I (she gave me a lift) couldn't find the place. We were in the area 10 minutes early and unexpectedly drove right past it. This ended up in us driving around looking for the building; it was really embarrasing when we finally found it hidden in plain sight!

Apart from that the day was fantastic. It really didn't feel like work. But then again, my idea of fun isn't everybodies.

I first learnt about how to wash the dogs (I had never done this before because I have never owned a pet, unfortunately). Then I got to see how the blaster (like a really powerful hairdryer) was used. Next, was using the hairdryer and a fan to finish off the job. I learnt fast and quickly got stuck in to the work.

There was a gorgeous, massive, black dog-customer that stayed all day. He looked like a giant cuddly bear but didn't make a sound through the whole process; he was even asleep through half of it. I spent a lot of the day helping out with combing out the slicky fur of this sleeping giant and it was fun in a weird way.

I also washed two dogs on my own. Chear for me!... no?... oh, ok :(

Anyway, there were only dogs today but I hope there might be a little variation in the future- no matter how small the odds- I do have two weeks minus a day left.

The best part was just being around the dogs, especially when I got lots of kisses from them. The overall environment was great as well and I throughly enjoyed my experience.

But, I still have a lot of time to go so I'll wait and see if my opinion will change.

Bye people (and dogs)!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment